Click on the images for a larger photo. (New resized photos will be updated soon)
Our first French cottage is in Varzy, Burgundy. Easily sleeps 6 and can sleep around 10 with fold-out beds, and even more if you bring your own sleeping bags.
- 3 separate bedrooms, one with ensuite.
- 2 additional bathrooms with shower and toilet.
- Cosy sitting room on ground floor, with a fold-out sofa.
- Dining/entrance area and small kitchen, easily sit 6 at the table.
- An extra room on ground floor (which will be another bedroom in the future) where you can store all your luggage etc.
- All your linen and towels, as well as some toiletries and cleaning products.
- A top-floor attic, with original wooden beams, fold out bed and furniture, accessed by spiral staircase.
- Oodles of books! Enough wine glasses, plates, cutlery and kitchenware for more than 25 people!
- A small courtyard, pots of various herbs, table, chairs and umbrella.
- A semi-stocked bar that you can use, and top up before you leave for the next booking! It’s based on an honesty system.
- Internet and TV. Fridge, oven, toaster, kettle, washing machine, iron, portable clothes line.
- A space to park the car in front of our shed.
- Saturday arrive at 4pm, leave following Saturday at 10am (unless otherwise advised).
- Excellent discounts for longer bookings and off-season (ask for information).
- All bookings must be paid in Australian Dollars to our CBA bank account.
- High Season (Summer): A$1100 per week for 6 people (about $26 per person, per night, for the week).
- Extra people A$75 each per week.
- Shoulder Season (Autumn/Spring): $1000 per week for 6 people.
- Compulsory cleaning fee – all bookings must leave a cash payment for cleaning on your last day of 50 euros. If there are more than 6 people this may be a larger amount. In addition, if you want to request extra cleaning days, please advise by email and this can be arranged for 50 euros per extra cleaning session.
A full digital guide on everything you need to know about the house and the area will be provided for firm bookings.